A Brief History of RRCAA
The story of Rabbit Run is really two-in-one. The Western Reserve Fine Arts Association was formed in Madison Village in September, 1969. The school for visual and performing arts began in 1978 in Madison’s historic Town Hall (c. 1867). In 1979 WRFFA was incorporated as a non-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation.
Rabbit Run Theater opened in the summer of 1946 and operated as a summer stock theater until the late sixties. During the 1970’s the theater was closed for about ten years. In 1979 a group of local thespians formed the non-profit organization “The Friends of Rabbit Run Theater.” Due to their efforts and hard work the theater reopened in 1980 and has been open for summer productions since then.
In October, 2000, the Friends of Rabbit Run Theater merged with WRFAA to create Rabbit Run Community Arts Association, and a non-profit status was granted in February, 2001. In August, 2001, Brint Learned was hired as the organization’s first executive director and continues to serve in that position to the present day.
For a more comprehensive history of Rabbit Run Theater click here.